Sometimes the middle seat can change your life

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Calling Peter Rabbit...

One of the things I am marveling at living here in San Francisco is the availability of SO much fresh and ripe fruits and veggies. I forgot that THIS is how an Avacado is supposed to taste! So when i was out walking around I signed up for an organic fruit and veggie delivery service www.farmfreshtoyou.com. It's a working organic farm that every week delivers to your door a box of whatever is in season and at it's peak. Today my farm box arrived! It was so exciting i opened it up this cornicopia of yummies- silver corn, cherries, nectaries which are sooooo juicy and delicious, carrots, button squashes and lots more.

Ok so nevermind that i had this delivered to work as i am not home during the day so in about 2 seconds after the receptionist gave it to me my desk looked like i'd just cleaned out Mr. McGregor's garden! Of course this is when my new boss the CEO chooses to stop by to see how i'm doing. I think I saved face by telling him I'd give him a discount cause he's teh head honcho and only charge him $2 for a carrot vs. the office going rate of $4. Economic downturn, smownturn...clearly he has no regrets for hiring me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home