Sometimes the middle seat can change your life

Sunday, August 02, 2009

The universal rule of real estate

I can't believe I'm already at the point of looking for a new place to live. I have three months in my temporary flat so being 5 weeks in this weekend decided to start going to open houses to "see what's out there." The good news is I know the general location of where I want to live - not always the easiest thing to figure out when moving to a new city, and there does seem to be a lot out there. The bad news is there are always those apartments, houses, that you know you shouldn't look at because they're more than you wanted to pay. But you go anyway, look around and decide everything else you've seen that is IN your price range now sucks and you are bitter at the thought of having to live in any of them. This is where we break that rule we all know - related to real estate, dresses, shoes, anything that we have to purchase and have a stated "price range"... laughable.

I've seen such a flat yesterday. Open, sunny, gorgeous and my stuff would look so great in it! How can i possibly be expected to go back and consider the other cell's I now attribute to be my new prison!?!?

the search continues...

2 Comments:

  • Well, Kate, please, the solution to your conundrum is simple, really. You go ask your boss for a raise. And no, I don't see what you having just started at your new job barely 3 days ago makes asking for a raise awkward/unprofessional/unrealistic/stupid.

    They either like you, or they don't.

    By Anonymous FranckJ, At 9:03 PM  

  • Franck I miss your sage advice! I will march in right now.

    By Blogger kate, At 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home