Sometimes the middle seat can change your life

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Moving Woes

Today is the day! After months apart my stuff and I get reunited! A much anticipated and stress-filled reunion. Getting into a new place is always wrought with stress and problems and anxiety - what if I cannot get in, what if they keys aren't where they said they'd be?, what if my suitcases I came over here with are too heavy now for me to lift, or if the cabbie refuses to take them cause they're Sasquatch sized?!?! This is a mere glimpse of what has been running through my head for the past 72 hours. But the day is here and I managed in two taxi rides to get my things over to the new place, yes got into it, and even got the coffee maker set up for the movers (critical!).

However, one giant fly in the ointment...as i was leaving my old flat this morning at 6am, taxi waiting downstairs, i was rushing to get my final suitcases and bags down the stairs, close up the old flat and get going before the cabbie decided i was a friggin mess and left. In my haste of doing all this and calling the taxi, I did something i NEVER do - i put my phone done on a random shelf. Just as I closed the pre-locked door I felt my stomach drop. oooooooh NO!!!! I've just locked my blackberry inside my old flat. No time to figure out if by some batman like stealth plan I can break back in as the cabbie is downstairs honking his horn. nice.

So now i'm waiting on my movers, hoping they don't call for directions and thanking god for the magic of unsecured wireless internet access!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home